The Folks 003 | @federicamaiolo_
1) How has digital technology impacted your work both positively and negatively?
My job was born thanks to technology, and I can't see negative sides because the technological revolution broadens my horizons and let me learn new methods to do my job the best way.
2) When you think about your favorite work, what makes it stand out from the rest?
They're different because they represent three different times of my life, when I changed as a photographer, and every time I look at the they give me the right strenght to go on.
3) How and when did you realize that photography was your passion?
Growing up I felt natural to shoot everything, then I got my first camera and I realized that photography would be a part of me.
4) If you weren't a photographer what would you pursue?
Great question! During my teenager years there was a time when I almost completely abandoned photography to pursue different endeavors. But I quickly came to the point that photography was the only way to go.
5) Has any one person or one location stood out amongst the rest when you think about your past work?
Over the last couple of years I traveled a lot with my boyfriend, we found that even little mishaps can bring something epic. That was the case when we visited Königsee, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It got under my skin and I had the chance to tell the place through my photos.
6) What is the biggest challenge you face when shooting a new subject?
Mostly interpreting what's in my mind.
7) What message do you want people to receive when they look at your photographs?
I'd like to transmit my emotions and my inner self. If I succeed in this then my work has accomplished its goals.
8) What gear, apps, technology do you use most to help you be successful?
I shoot on a Fujifilm xt10 with the following lenses: 35mm, 16-50mm and a wide 12mm. I postproduce exclusively on my Macbook.
9) What essentials do you pack when traveling?
Just my camera and the essential clothes. Everything else is of less importance.
10) What motivates you to keep taking photographs of the world around you?
The desire of showing what I love through my eyes.
11) What is something you wish you knew when you first started shooting?
I would have loved to study photography from the beginning, I basically learned everything by myself.
12) If you could go back 10 years, what would you tell yourself?
Be more confident of your skills and always listen to your heart.
13) Favorite breakfast cereal.
Absolutely Choco Pops!
14) Favorite coffee shop
None in particular, I just love the coffee I brew at home!
15) Favorite view?
16) First photo ever taken.
17)Road trips or flights.
I prefer road tripping.
18) Do you prefer the heat? Or the cold?
19) Where are you based
I live in Friuli Venezia Giulia, a region in the Northern East of Italy.
20) Give us one piece of advice
Always shoot with your heart.
Dream Camera: Fujifilm Xpro2