I’m insanely lucky to be friends with so many amazing candle makers. Creating this list got incredibly hard when I realized I could only include nine, so I must start by saying there are so many other candle makers beyond these nine, these just happen to be the ones I picked for a variety of reasons. Others will be included in future lists.
1) I first met First Hand Supply Co at American Field in Boston. There is something about their scents and the price point that instantly set them apart from all the other candle makers there. They have clean scents that are equally inviting and warm as they are refreshing.
2) I’ve loved Sydney Hale candles since I first discovered them at Fable and Flame in Lexington. In those days it was a team of two hand pouring the luxury candles. Its been a joy to watch them grow over the years.
3) Harmony Farm candles are delightfully affordable and retain their scent for a very long time. These are the type of candles you fall in love with in small town shops and load up on for gifts all year long.
4) PF Candle is the classic and the original. The first candle to go viral on Etsy nearly a decade ago PF has become a standard in any millennial home. We love the team behind them just as much as we still love their classic packaging, their timeless scents, and the west coast minimal vibe they brought to the game.
5) Great Bear Wax Co is the lone man on the list. Based in Alabama these candles carry a bit of a masculine feel, a bit of a southern feel, and a bit of a rugged nature vibe.
6) Flores Lane are the candles I am most often burning. They last forever and have soft subtle scents. Made in West Hollywood by a small team and hand stamped and labeled.
7) I love Wax Buffalo for their packaging. Its bold, its timeless, its perfect. Her scents are amazing too, but that packaging, it just gets me.
8) Ethics Supply Co has a candle for everyone. The mission behind the brand is promoting nature and the outdoors. The candles carry themes dedicated to the national parks, the different regions of the US, and a spirit of nature. The quality is amazing. The packaging is amazing. The people behind the brand are amazing. (Hands down Starry Night is the candle you need for all summer long.)
9) While this one isn’t a candle it is my favorite Tatine product. Buy this one for yourself. There are plenty of other options for gifts. This one you deserve to treat yourself with.