This time of year there is no lack of sweet treats. With every turn we are tempted with flashy displays of tempting sweets. That doesn’t mean we always need to fall into temptation. One of my most desired delights are of a famous milk chocolate, coconut, and almond treat that we are all familiar with. Picking apart its star ingredients I have created its healthier cousin. With only a few minutes and ingredients a craving is conquered with out unnecessary calories.
Start by laying out your ingredients and mini baking cups. You could easily just lay out a sheet of parchment paper. The cups will ensure a petite shape.
Pipe chocolate into containers or on paper, sprinkle with sweetened or unsweetened if you want to make an even healthier option, top with almond.
Allow to cool in a refrigerator until chocolate has re-hardened and enjoy!
Yield: 7 candies
- 1 CUP dark chocolate chips
- sweetened coconut flakes
- raw almonds
- mini baking cups or parchment paper
- zipper top sandwich baggie
- Pour chocolate chips into a zipper top baggie, zip top, microwave for 90 seconds in 30 second intervals flipping bag each time.
- Allow chocolate to pour to one corner of the bag and cut the tip off using scissors. This creates a piping bag to place the chocolate neatly where you want it. Toss the bag when empty. Pipe about 1 Tablespoon of chocolate into each baking cup.
- Sprinkle as little or as much coconut flakes that you desire over chocolate and top with a raw almond.
- refrigerate until chilled and chocolate is reset.