Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
As those words of the epic Robert Frost poem have whispered for almost a century, life is a journey.
A journey full of mountain tops so high that you think your heart will burst from the sheer exultation and joy of it. A journey so low that at times the valley seems…..overwhelming.
But the ever-present constant is that…..around every bend is a new chapter in the story…..just waiting to be written.
A new year has started.
A new chapter in the story has begun.
And this year…..I chose joy.
Joy in the ordinary.
Joy in the simple…..in the every day.
Joy in the sweet taste of freshly picked raspberries and freshly whipped cream with sugar and the melt-in-your mouth crumbles of pound cake.
Delicious, wonderful, indescribable, irresistable, tantalizing joy….in every bite.
Mini Raspberry Trifle
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (10.75 oz) package prepared pound cake
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
3 cups of fresh raspberries
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a medium bowl beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
2. In another bowl cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla.
3. Fold two cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Set aside remaining whipped cream.
4. Cube pound cake. Cut raspberries in half. Layer cubed pound cake with whipped cream/cream cheese mixture and fresh raspberries.
5. Repeat layers twice.
6. Top with remaining whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
May your less-traveled road be full of all the joy 2013 can bring.
» Desserts » Mini Raspberry Trifle