Mini_Rasberry_Trifle

Mini Raspberry Trifle

on January 11 | in Desserts | by | with 21 Comments

Mini Rasberry Trifle

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~Robert Frost

Rasberry Trifle

As those words of the epic Robert Frost poem have whispered for almost a century, life is a journey.

A journey full of mountain tops so high that you think your heart will burst from the sheer exultation and joy of it.  A journey so low that at times the valley seems…..overwhelming.

But the ever-present constant is that…..around every bend is a new chapter in the story…..just waiting to be written.

Vintage Silver With Rasberries

A new year has started.

A new chapter in the story has begun.

And this year…..I chose joy.

Joy in the ordinary.

Joy in the simple…..in the every day.

Joy in the sweet taste of freshly picked raspberries and freshly whipped cream with sugar and the melt-in-your mouth crumbles of pound cake.

Delicious, wonderful, indescribable, irresistable, tantalizing joy….in every bite.

Raspberry Trifle FOLK

Mini Raspberry Trifle

Ingredients:

1  1/2 cups heavy cream

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup sugar

1 (10.75 oz) package prepared pound cake

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese

3 cups of fresh raspberries

1  1/2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp lemon juice

Pound Cake

Directions:

1.  In a medium bowl beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.

2.  In another bowl cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla.

Whipped Cream

3.  Fold two cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.  Set aside remaining whipped cream.

4.  Cube pound cake.  Cut raspberries in half.  Layer cubed pound cake with whipped cream/cream cheese mixture and fresh raspberries.

5.  Repeat layers twice.

6.  Top with remaining whipped cream.  Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.

May your less-traveled road be full of all the joy 2013 can bring.

KariAnne FOLK

21 Responses to Mini Raspberry Trifle

1. Sherry Smyth says:

Your photography is so rich and crisp…I can taste this!

2. gwen says:

what a luscious treat!

My word his PERSEVERE. In all caps.

so hard to choose just one..there are so many wonderful words, like Spatula and plethora and pulchritudinous…

3. This looks so light and refreshing and most importantly – YUMMY!

4. Wonderful photos and a beautiful sentiment. Thanks, karrianne!

5. I saw the pictures and the poem in email (I subscribe!) and I immediately knew it would be a post by you Karianne! Your clean, bright, beautiful photography and eloquent writing style sets you apart. Love it!

6. Andrea says:

This looks amazing…how many servings does this make? Thanks!

This looks and sounds AMAZING Karianne! It has me longing for Spring and yet certainly not waiting until then to make it. Thank you for sharing it and your beautiful sentiments with us this today!

8. [...] had a “P” in it?  I just published this post on mini raspberry trifles over on the FOLK blog today as a “Rasberry [...]

9. Heavenly! This is such a beautiful post! And it sounds easy enough to make too… bonus round for me! :) Gorgeous photos!!

10. Grace says:

Spirit and palate fulfilling!

11. I’d choose that kind of joy any day of the week! YUM!! This looks SO amazing Kari! Such a wonderfully written post, and your photos are just beautiful! I can literally smell it just by looking at it.

12. Susan says:

I will save this for next summer when I hope ALL six raspberry bushes in the back yard expand to cover the world and provide me with tons of raspberries. =)

13. Anne Presley says:

Yum – on a dreary day you makes the sun shine into your life. Photos that make your stomach roll and eyes bright. Thanks.

14. “around every bend is a new chapter in the story…..just waiting to be written” What a joyfully expectant way to welcome in the New Year! Kari…your ras(p)berries look amazing. Beautiful post and stunning photos! You rock it girl!

15. Michelle says:

How exciting I get to enjoy two great post from you in one day! Love your pictures. I can almost taste the raspberries. I’ll be pinning this one so I can enjoy it this summer.
    Thanks for bringing a little joy to an other wise cold and rainy day.

16. I love that you chose joy for 2013! I may need to copy you. Oh, and copy down this yummy recipe right away. Oh, wait, I also chose Weight Watchers for 2013 …

Love your post, my friend!

:) Linda

17. I love your word! My word is GROW, and looks like I need to grow some raspberries!

18. Diane says:

This recipe looks absolutely delicious. How many mini trifles does this recipe make? Thank you.

19. Fabulous on every level! Great story, great photos and YUMMY recipe – cha-ching!!! Way to go!

20. Beverly says:

You know, my sweet. This is just not fair. How will I make it through the day without Mini Raspberry Trifle? I’m saving this idea for Valentine’s Day.