valentine'smantelcraftberrybushforFOLK4

A love mantel

on January 20 | in Interior Decorating, Valentine's Day | by | with 30 Comments

lovemantel
When creating a display, I hope to
convey a story.  This story is about LOVE.
A love that has endured the test of time and has pages upon pages
of stories to tell, all bound and treasured in the safety of the heart.
An ancient story that transcends time,
continuing to shine with hope and reflect love.
And though it’s considered old, it
continues to bloom anew day after day.
Tarnished by time, with imperfections
that speak wisdom and beauty.
This story marries the old and the
new, holding LOVE above all else.
a LOVE that will always persevere
and withstand the test of time.
This is my Valentine’s Day mantel, where the old tarnished silver and well loved books represent the past while the fresh roses are the present – blooming, fragrant, full of hope.  Both married in a beautiful harmony.
lovestampcollage
Thank you for visiting FOLK today….we appreciate your company.
profileend2again

30 Responses to A love mantel

1. Krista says:

This is so very beautiful. :-) I love the quiet light, peaceful colors, and calming textures. Lovely. :-)

2. That is so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! The pale of the pinks and whites are so precious! ~Tammy

3. Joyce says:

So calming and gorgeous, a beautiful love story.- Joyce

4. Lucy says:

SO beautiful! This is the perfect reason to want a mantel…

5. Kathi says:

simply lovely !!! the pale pink and old silver a perfect

6. This is GORGEOUS Lucy!!! I love every last detail!

7. You know, I don’t usually do any Valentine’s decorating. . . but this mantle is lovely. You’ve made me want to do a little something pretty and romantic. Thanks!
    breida

8. LOVE it Lucy, so timeless! It’s beautiful <3

Fotini

9. So pretty. Never thought I would want a valentine mantel in my house until I saw this one!

10. Rachel says:

So pretty! Not a “red” person…prefer softer, faded color. Perfect.

11. This is just beautiful, I love the book pages facing outward, the soft pink and the dull gleam of old silver!

12. Simply lovely. I love the pages facing outward — a refreshing twist. :) And, of course, you can’t be tarnish!
    xo Heidi

13. Karen says:

Beautiful, it speaks perfectly of love.

14. What a feminine mantle. I also love the old and new. It is a very nice balance. Beautiful balance. Nice post.

15. Melanie says:

So beautiful Lucy! It’s subtle and eye-catching at the same time.

16. Courtney says:

Totally love. My favorite way of decorating my mantels is using silvers and roses too- for Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Beautiful post.

17. Probable the most beautiful mantel I’ve seen! Love it :)
    Debbie

18. You did it again Lucy! Simply stunning!!

19. So pretty Lucy! Perfection again :)

20. Anne says:

Beautiful mantle Lucy! LOVE those pretty roses <3 and silver looks perfect too!
    xx
    Anne

21. Robin says:

Stunning! I love everything about it. the window frame, the silver, the books and the flowers. All such simple items really but put together so artfully by you it is a masterpiece.

22. Gorgeous! Love this post Lucy and shared the last photo on my facebook page with a link to this post. Just incredibly beautiful through and through.
    Gretchen

23. Zora says:

Love this. The lovely pink roses in silver containers so artfully arranged with the books. Thanks for sharing.

24. melissa says:

Love this! I just bought some goodies to make my Valentine mantle. Very pretty blog :)

25. Aimee J says:

The silver is beautiful!!

26. [...] This time I found this as my inspiration from Pinterest. The original photo came from a post on FOLK by Lucy of Craftberry Cottage. I love the combination of the chippy window frame, the backwards books, the tarnished silver, [...]

27. Robin B says:

so delicate lovely & romantic

28. [...] Mantel: A Love Mantel.  I’m in love with this love mantel.  So [...]

29. [...] Chicks, Brides of Texas, Style Me Pretty, Martha Stewart, Tumblr, Jenneliserose, Style Me Pretty, Folk Lifestyle, Ruffled, Dress Me [...]