Christmas mantel

on December 8 | in Holidays, Home, Interior Decorating | by | with 37 Comments

Creamy and neutral Christmas mantel Craftberry Bush

I am thrilled to be joining the talented team of contributors here at FOLK.  Having previously provided a guest post of  my fall mantel, I thought what better way to introduce myself as the newest contributor than with my Christmas mantel.  I truly believe you don’t have to ‘break the bank’ to create beautiful decor; it only takes a little imagination…

When setting out to create our Christmas mantel, I was looking to convey a calming and peaceful feel.  I wanted it to remind us of the freshly fallen snow outside, while also reflecting the warmth and coziness inside our home.  By simply gathering several old jars, fresh greenery and some old books, I was able to capture the scene I wanted.

Books bundled and wrapped in pretty ribbons along with boxes wrapped with plain paper and enhanced by vintage music sheet also add interest and various heights to the display.

You can’t go wrong with an old vintage jar

and natural elements that represent the great outdoors.

The candles on the mantel compliment the romance of the white tree, which represents the pureness of the season.

There are few things more comforting than spending your winter nights near a roaring fire while the sparkle of a Christmas tree glistens and reflects upon the eyes of your loved ones.

And during the day while the cold winter winds are blowing, we can enjoy the view from inside as we enjoy the JOY and warmth of the Christmas season.

37 Responses to Christmas mantel

1. Lucy, your mantel is gorgeous…I am in love with those stockings!

2. Lucy, it’s BEAUTIFUL! I love all of it but I especially love your Union Jack chair!!! It’s a perfect pop against all the creamy white. Thank you for sharing!!!

• LUCY says:

Thank you Jennifer…I found that chair on the side of the road one day ,took it home and fixed it up with a hand painted Union Jack. The chair has special meaning to us and love displaying it whenever I can. thank you for stopping by…xo Lucy

3. Tiffany | Offbeat & Inspired says:

This is SO pretty and cozy! I love how you decorated. I’m usually not a fan of white trees because they never feel AS cozy as green to me but you completely changed my mind about that with how you used creams and real greenery on the mantel!

• LUCY says:

Thanks TIffany ..This little space is probably the coziness corner in our home…I think the feather boas makes it looks fuffly and cozy. xo

4. Stunning Lucy – love the books and of course that fabulous white tree!

5. Anne says:

Beautiful mantle Lucy! LOVE those sweet stockings and that Union Jack chair is gorgeous too!
    xx
    Anne

6. That wreath! WOW! I love it! Love the way you’ve drawn the leaves around it in chalk. What a gorgeous mantel. So, so pretty.

7. Judy says:

What a beautiful mantel. The pictures here are gorgeous!

8. It all looks so beautiful. I really love the wreath on the chalk board. Just … lovely.

9. Incredibly gorgeous! Loving the wreath…love it all. So creative!

10. Laura says:

Congratulations, Lucy. as always, your decorating is impeccable.

11. Incredibly beautiful. Ever single element. Beautiful photography, as well. Congrats on being the newest contributor.

12. Oh Lucy, just breath taking! I am just in awe of your decor. Your mantel is beautiful, every single detail! I am SO happy to see you here as a contributor, I think it is a perfect fit. Thank you for always inspiring me with your beautiful decor.
    Jaime

13. Sherry Smyth says:

This is really beautiful Lucy and you captured exactly what you set out to do. The shot of the candlelight in the evening — that sets such a calming and restful mood. Thanks so much for sharing your creative inspiration!

14. Love it Lucy! So so pretty and fresh looking. Love all the white so peaceful, beautiful job.

15. Dawn Inman says:

Lucy….GORGEOUS! This is stunning! The white tree and chair…very unique. The chalk board and wreath…so cute. The candlesticks in glass jars…romantic. So many details. Perfect.

16. liz marie says:

Your mantel is stunning Lucy! I am so proud of you!! You are so inspirational in everything that you do.

xx Liz Marie
    Lizmarieblog.com

Lucy it is just gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, incredible and a whole lot of other positive adjectives! :-) You have added so many layers and it looks fresh and light while still cozy and warm…if that makes sense. You are so talented and I’m honored to be working on this team with you!

18. Lynn says:

Beautiful mantel! I’m loving all the white.

19. Dorian says:

So pretty and creative. So serene and peaceful. Great job Lucy!

20. Oh my… so stunning! All of it! I adore your style so very much!

Loving the twig additions to your mantel… it’s so rustically gorgeous!

21. Tina says:

LOVELY—– I appreciate the way you mix things together so artfully, it truly is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

22. You are perfect for Folk! Congratulations!! I love everything about your Christmas decor, you make everything look great!

23. Myna says:

Absolutely stunning! Such a beautiful room!

24. Solange says:

One of the prettiest mantels out there. It’s whimsical, vintage, romantic, chic, and elegant. I Probably just described Lucy as well…. Well except the vintage part. ; )

25. I have some seen a lot of gorgeous mantle out there and this one is still my favorite! Congrats Lucy!

26. debbie dewey says:

Dear Luci, i love the things you post, and revel in the wonderful designs…i collect many of your ideas, in Pinterest. i am hesitant to do many though…I i am the queen of UFO’s ( Un Finished Objects)…but i won’t give up…some WILL eventually reach completion…lol keep posting!! :)

27. Marcella says:

So beautiful. I love everything about it!

28. Jill Flory says:

So lovely! And so fun to see you posting over here at Folk! Congrats!

29. Shannon says:

So Beautiful and refreshing. Thank you for your encouragement! Merry Christmas

30. Sarah | Offbeat & Inspired says:

Gorgeous! I love this! This is so creative, elegant, cozy and beautiful! You’ve inspired me to step my mantel up a notch!

Stunning! Love that you are a contributor here at Folk! :)

32. Absolutely Stunning! So very creative and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your home with us!

33. [...] paired with wreaths: laurel leaf border; “joy”; song [...]

34. [...] Folk Life style incorporated a blackboard into their mantle display. [...]